Media Representative Accreditation Rules for the Russia–Africa Economic Forum
- Accreditation of media representatives (hereinafter, media) at the Russia–Africa Economic Forum (hereinafter, Forum) is conducted in order to create the necessary conditions for professional activities for preparation and dissemination of complete and authentic information about Forum events;
- The media need to be accredited to be able to work at any Forum events;
- In conducting their professional activities, the media must respect the rights and legitimate interests of Forum participants and staff and comply with generally accepted ethical standards.
Both Russian and international media may file a Forum registration application, subject to the following:
- Russian media organizations must be registered with the Federal Supervisory Service for Telecommunications, Information Technology and Communications (hereinafter, Roskomnadzor);
- International media representatives:
- if working permanently in the Russian Federation, must be accredited with the Russian Foreign Ministry;
- if not accredited with the Russian Foreign Ministry, in addition to an application on the official website, it is necessary to apply to the Russian Foreign Ministry for temporary accreditation.
Accreditation application filing and processing
- Media representatives wishing to take part covering Forum events, as well as specialized media representatives wishing to take part in covering a trade Forum business event, must file an accreditation application (hereinafter, the application) via the official Forum website (summitafrica.ru);
- All application fields must be filled in, with special attention paid to mandatory fields marked with an asterisk;
- Applications via the official Forum website may be filed from 26 August to 4 October 2019;
- Application processing time: from ten calendar days following the deadline for accepting media registration applications;
- Accreditation of media representatives is valid for all Forum days.
Media accreditation badge issue
- Media representatives will receive accreditation badges subject to approval of their registration application by the Forum Organizing Committee.
- Accreditation badges will be issued at accreditation desks in Sochi. Accreditation desk locations and opening hours will be posted on the official Forum website.
- Accreditation badges will only be issued subject to the following conditions:
- a confirmed accreditation stored in the Forum database;
- upon showing the passport (the passport number must match the number listed in the registration questionnaire), as well as:
- The following documents might be requested:
- Russian media – an ID issued by the news organization;
- International media – Russian Foreign Ministry accreditation card.
- The badge is personal and non-transferable during the Forum. Please wear your badge visibly at all times when at the Forum venue;
- No other accreditation cards are valid for access to the Forum venue;
- If an accreditation badge is misplaced, lost or stolen, the media representative must immediately report this to any information desk. The lost badge will be blocked. A duplicate will be issued upon a written request.
Rules for accessing Forum events
- Media representatives must be accredited to be able to work at any Forum events;
- Media representatives will be given access to all Forum public events. The organizers reserve the right to permit access to certain Forum events according to the media pool system;
- Media representatives’ technical staff may gain access in accordance with the regulations for technical staff access to the Forum venue.
The Forum Organizing Committee may refuse accreditation:
- to any media representatives specializing in publications of a strictly advertising, reference of a narrowly specialized nature that is not related to the Forum topic, other than trade publications.
The Forum Organizing Committee reserves the right to refuse accreditation without giving a reason.
Rights and Obligations of Media Representatives Accredited at the Forum
Media representatives accredited at the Forum may:
- use any services intended for facilitating the work of journalists or press service employees;
- receive information on official Forum events and exhibitions (press releases, a business programme, etc.);
- work at the Forum Press Centre during official events and use the Forum Press Centre infrastructure;
- attend press conferences, news briefings or any other press events.
Media representatives accredited at the Forum must:
- fact-check any information they report;
- meet requests from persons providing information to include a reference to the source;
- when obtaining information from private individuals or officials, inform them about audio or video recording, filming or photo shooting;
- in conducting their professional activities, show a badge or any other document certifying the journalist’s identity and authority;
- not use their professional capabilities to hide information or fake socially important data, or collect information for the benefit of a third person or party that is not a media organization;
- suspend (stop) photo/video shooting at the request of Forum security staff;
- not distribute any print materials at the Forum venue without approval from the Forum Organizing Committee;
- when using official information or quoting statements made by Forum participants, comply with the Forum Reference Policy, i.e., any finished copy must mention the Forum and the information source, while electronic media must include a link to the official Forum website (www.summitafrica.ru); no modifications, additions or distortions may be made to any copied (quoted) information.